Henco PVDF: power and flexibility
The Henco synthetic press fittings are made from injection-moulded PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride). PVDF is a synthetic with many qualities that has been used in various applications for more than 30 years now. Our PVDF range comprises two series: press synthetic (PK) and press synthetic white (PKW).
The advantages of PVDF
PVDF has a whole host of great properties, especially compared to metal:
- Excellent mechanical strength and hardness
- High wear-resistance
- Huge flexibility: can be bent up to 10°
- Exceptional resistance to thermal ageing
- Exceptional resistance to extreme temperatures: from -40°C to +150°C
- Excellent chemical resistance to the most aggressive substances and solvents
- Physiologically harmless, approved for contact with food products, drinking water and for use in the medical sector
A must: pressing the fitting
The Henco synthetic press fittings come with an additional advantage. They are designed to immediately detect and report leaks if the installer forgets to press them. There are two reasons to press the fitting:
- This seals the O-ring.
- The fitting can be fixed to the pipe.
In the spotlight: the flexibility of PVDF
Watch the video to see just how flexible our synthetic fittings are. Got any questions about PVDF? We look forward to hear from you.